I am over feeling cold.
Even though the sunshine has managed to pop its head through the clouds, I can't seem to get warm.
It feels like we’ve been on a long stretch of coolness for awhile now.
To combat this I've naturally been cooking up a storm in my "warm-ish" kitchen.
I've been experimenting with lots of different recipes and trying to expand on my gluten free knowledge. I like the challenge of trying something different plus it helps my good friend out.
So, to bring a little warmth back I made a video.
A video that's filled with summer and simplicity.
I baked a tart shell using coconut flour and filled it with freshly whipped cream and strawberries.
There is only one word to describe the tart recipe.
And you know how much I adore simplicity.
I hope you enjoy it. I'm still experimenting with video and I know it's not perfect but it brings a smile to my face.
Enjoy your weekend and see you next week.
My tart pan measured 8" or 20 cm.
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 60 grams melted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine the flour, shredded coconut and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, butter and honey and combine well.
- Form the dough into a disc and place in the tart pan.
- Using your fingers, work the dough around the tart pan so it fits neatly. Prick the base of the tart with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 mins.
- Remove and allow to rest for 5 mins before removing the tart from the pan. Allow to cool completely.
- Fill up with 300 ml whipped cream that has been flavoured with maple syrup and top with sliced strawberries.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.