It’s blowing outside. Freezing actually!
And all I feel like doing is making a batch of soup and enjoying it with some sourdough rye bread. I used some butternut pumpkin (squash) and thickened it with some red lentils. It’s spiced up with some fresh chili, garam masala and ground cumin. Enjoy your weekend everybody!
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 small freshly chopped chili
- a pinch of garam masala and ground cumin
- 1/2 a butternut pumpkin cubed
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 a cup of red lentils
- Fry off the onion with the chili and spices in a little olive oil until the onions become translucent.
- Add the pumpkin and stir thoroughly through the onion mixture.
- Add the chicken stock and ensure everything boils for about 15 mins.
- Add the lentils and boil for another 5 mins.
- Remove from the heat and blend everything using a stick blender
Serve with some crusty sourdough bread.