Classic Greek Salad
A recipe for a classic Greek salad with traditional ingredients. It's the feta that makes this complete.
Servings 4 people
- 4 ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 green capsicum sliced thinly
- 1 cucumber sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- 6 Kalamata olives
- 200 g feta cheese
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 60 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 30 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp oregano Greek
- 1 pinch sea salt
Combine the tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber and onions on a plate or bowl.
Scatter the olives around the ingredients.
Top with Dodoni feta cheese
Sprinkle the dried Greek oregano over the whole salad.
Whisk the olive oil, vinegar and salt and pour over the salad and serve immediately.
- The amount of ingredients is a guide. If you're only making for 2 people, adjust accordingly.
- To make the bruschettas, dice one tomato, ¼ cucumber, 1-2 capsicum rings, 3-4 sliced onions, 3-4 Kalamata olives and 50g of Dodoni feta cheese.
- Combine these ingredients in a bowl, drizzle with a good amount of olive oil, add a few "splashes" of red wine vinegar and a pinch of oregano and salt.
Scoop onto toasted bread and serve immediately.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g