Mushroom, Chorizo and Haloumi "Tacos"
An unforgettable combination of mushrooms, chorizo and halloumi cheese. Serve them up with home made tortillas and pour yourself a beer.
Servings 8 tacos
- 500 g button mushrooms wiped clean, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch oregano dried and Greek preferably
- 125 g chorizo sausage (cooked chorizo not fresh)
- 200 g haloumi cheese sliced in half
- 8 tortillas medium-sized and warmed in a pan
- 1 tablespoon chilies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander finely chopped
Combine the mushrooms, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano in a bowl. Place on baking tray and cook in a 200 deg C oven for 30-35 mins. Remove and set aside and allow to cool slightly.
Preheat a little oil in a pan cook the chorizo on a medium high heat for a few mins until crispy. Remove and set aside.
In the same pan pan fry the halloumi for 2 mins each side until, browned and soft. Once cooked cut the haloumi into small even slices.
Combine the mushrooms, chorizo and haloumi in a separate bowl.
To make a taco place a 2-3 tbsps of the mushroom mixture into a warmed tortilla. Garnish with fresh chilies and coriander and serve immediately.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g