Pork Cutlets with Roasted Fennel, Apples and Onions
The most perfect autumn dish you will ever make
Servings 2 serves
- 2 apples Red Delicious variety, cored and sliced into quarters
- 1 red onion peeled and quartered
- 1 fennel bulb washed and sliced into even chunks
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup dry white wine optional
- 600 g pork cutlets bone in and trimmed of excess fat
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Preheat your oven to 200 deg C Season the pork cutlets and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the apples, fennel and onions. Season with a little salt and pepper and toss with the olive oil, vinegar and wine (if using).
Place this vegetables into a baking dish and cook in the oven. (To achieve a nice caramelised texture mine took 35 mins).
At the 20 min mark, heat your pan on a high heat. Add a little olive oil and cook the pork cutlets-2 mins on each side.
Once seared, place them on top of your veggies (that are cooking in the oven) and finish them off for the last 10 mins.
Allow them to rest for 5 mins before serving with the veggies.
- Be wary of the size and thickness of your cutlets. Mine were quite thick so I cooked them for a longer time in the oven. Adjust accordingly for the cutlets you use.
- A little Dijon mustard on the side when serving makes this even more magical.
Calories: 747kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 70g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 7g