Enjoy this fresh alternative to the regular basil pesto favoured by so many in the kitchen. Use up any leftover parsley to make a sauce and toss it through some pasta or serve with warm pita.
Servings 6 serves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tightly packed or use a big bunch with all the stems removed
- 1 cup walnuts shelled, lightly toasted
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon juiced and zested
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil extra virgin
Place all ingredients except for oil in a food processor or blender.
Pulse the ingredients a few times, and proceed to add the olive oil in a thin stream.
Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and toss through some warm, freshly cooked egg noodle pasta.
Alternatively, you can spread it over flatbread or pita.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 6g