Roasted carrots with fennel and goats cheese is a quick and tasty dish to prepare. Serve it as a side to a main meal and you'll have everyone thanking you.
This dish is so easy. And tasty too!
If you're after something a little different to include as a side dish with your next meal you MUST try this dish of roasted carrots with fennel and goats cheese.
As I've explained on numerous occasions, I adore the aniseed flavour found in fennel.
Pair it with something earthy and a little sweet and top it off with something creamy. This combination works beautifully!
These carrots looked way too good when I spotted them at the markets recently. Rather than turning them into a soup or a mash they were roasted at a high temperature and served along with some keftedes.
Roasted carrots with fennel and goats cheese...the best side dish!
I've used freshly ground fennel seeds in this dish which I ground in a mortar and pestle. The flavour is subtle but you can definitely taste it's there. I had also wanted to use goats curd instead of the cheese but couldn't find any. It still was a treat!
Garnish it with some aromatic coriander and this is a side dish you won't be forgetting in a hurry.
Scroll down to see the roasted carrots with fennel and goats cheese recipe.
Roasted Carrots with Fennel and Goats Cheese
- 5 carrots, medium-sized, mixed coloured, tops removed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- salt and pepper to season
- 75 g goats cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 190 deg c.
- In a large bowl combine the carrots with the olive oil, ground fennel, salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 25-30 mins until the carrots have "wilted" and the edges are crispy.
- Serve with crumbled goats cheese on top and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Souvlaki For the Soul