If you're looking for a great side dish to add to the table - make this asparagus with feta cheese.
I definitely enjoy asparagus but sometimes I feel it needs a little lift.
I enjoy it even more when it is in season during the Spring.
Blanch it in some boiling water for a few minutes and then refresh it in some cold water to keep its beautiful, vibrant, green colour.
Drizzle it with some tangy vinaigrette and for a Greek twist crumble some feta over it. I find the feta adds a wonderful tang to the whole dish.
If you don't like feta or can't find it, you can always use a good quality Parmigiano Reggiano to give the asparagus an Italian twist!
It's such a versatile vegetable and one that features a lot in my kitchen.
Just remember to snap off the "woody" ends when preparing and cooking it.
This simple dish I've prepared today doesn't require a lot of effort.
Serve it with a crisp glass of white and you're ready to go!
Asparagus with Feta Cheese
- 400 grams asparagus, woody ends removed
- 100 grams feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Boil the asparagus for approximately 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Refresh in some iced water immediately.
- Drain thoroughly and arrange on a plate or platter.
- Whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette quite thoroughly and drizzle over the asparagus.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the top and serve immediately