My mango, coconut and lime popsicles are just perfect. I dare you to stop at only one.
It had to be done! I couldn't resist! I gave in and included yet another ice cream recipe on the blog.
Actually, I don't think a summer has gone by that I haven't included an ice cream recipe of some kind.
And the funny thing is, I was "meh" about ice cream growing up. Don't get me wrong, like any kid I enjoyed it - I just wasn't that fussed.
Anyway, I can now proudly add this mango, coconut and lime popsicles recipe to the repertoire as well!
You know when you get that craving for something that won't go away? That's what happened here. I wanted mangoes, and I wanted ice cream.
Combining tropical flavours
Sure, it would have been easy to just eat them separately but not me. No.
When those cravings hit - I hit the kitchen, so to speak.
A day later I had these beautiful "good for you", mango, coconut and lime popsicles in my sweet little hands! I must admit to slightly cheating though…
I borrowed the idea for the flavour combination from my easy homemade ice cream recipe post I did a few summers ago. There's something so divine and perfect about combining fresh mango, lime and coconut cream.
I call it the "tropical Holy Trinity".
And stealing from one big technology company's catchphrase - "It just works!".
You could easily swap out the coconut cream for Greek yoghurt too if you don't fancy the tropical flavours.
Overall, these were a winner! Now, all we need is for the weather to warm up again!
All the best, and enjoy your weekend. Hopefully, you'll be devouring some of these delicious ice creams and thanking me for it - in the comments of course!
Mango Coconut And Lime Popsicles
- 3 mangoes, peeled, seed removed
- 275 ml of coconut cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- lime, juice and zest
- 1 tsp vanilla, extract or paste
- Combine all the ingredients n a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and free of any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the ice pop moulds and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- When the mixture is semi-set pierce an ice cream stick through the centre of each ice pop.
- Place back in the freezer and allow them to set overnight before serving.
- To serve them, run the moulds under warm water for 10 seconds to set them loose and serve immediately.